Installation Terms and Conditions
Last updated: March 19, 2022
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using Our Service. Full terms and conditions can be downloaded here Terms and Conditions.
- Your EV charge point must be fixed on a brick or plaster wall, or to another permanent structure.
- Your EV charge point must be able to use the properties earthing arrangement (your properties earthing arrangement must meet the current regulations – We are required to check this by law).
- Up to 10m of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity distribution board / Consumer unit and the EV Charge point.
- All cable is surface mounted. IE no conduit or chasing.
- Up to 3 hours of fitting time.
- Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in the wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick, if this is required.
- The EV charge point must be located in your designated off street parking area and be fitted at a height where it cant be hit by a vehicle, no higher than 1.8m (6ft) above the ground.
- The fitting, testing and certification of electrical connections and protection required for the EV Charge point.
- Installation of an appropriate MCB type B (there must be a space in the existing consumer unit).
Some other considerations that may affect your installation
- The EV Charger must be located in your designated off-street parking area and be fixed at a height where it can’t be hit by a vehicle.
- We can’t fix the cable higher than 1.8 metres (6 feet) above the ground. If fixing higher than this is unavoidable then the installation may need to be paused – in that case we will quote for any extra work needed.
- We can’t, as part of the standard package, trench the cable underground or suspend it above ground – if something like this is required please talk to us so that we can give you a quote in advance. If we find out on the day that we have to cross a garden or a pathway we may need to pause the job and quote for the extra work needed to trench the cable.
- When you are using your charger the EV charging lead must remain on your property and must not create a trip hazard for you or anyone else.
- We can’t run cable under floorboards or through ducting / ceiling voids / wall voids without a draw cord (to pull the cable through), or if the floorboards have not been lifted. We can’t take responsibility for reinstating flooring or other building materials after the cable has been laid.
- We are not able to work in crawl spaces, on roofs or in lofts if we deemed it unsafe.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, You can contact us: